The National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association are delighted to host a Virtual Together Walk just for you! Please invite your family, friends, colleagues, elected officials, and healthcare providers to a healthy, fun event to raise awareness and research funding for fibromyalgia.
Why a virtual walk?
It’s for YOU.
We’ve organized a virtual Together Walk so you can form fundraising and friendraising teams online, even while you are at home. Everyone can participate regardless of health status or ability to travel to specific locations. You can participate in the Together Walks by donating, fundraising, or walking locally. The changes that you make for people impacted by life-altering, chronic pain diseases is amazing and appreciated.
How does a virtual walk work?
A virtual walk raises awareness of chronic pain diseases and funds for research. It is created online and can have a live event in the community. Both use The HUB or events.fibroandpain.org website. For NFMCPA recommendations for a successful community event, use the step-by-step guides below.
- Join the Virtual Together Walk and set a team fundraising goal. Form a team of your friends, neighbors, support group members, and family. Or choose to participate on your own, knowing you are part of something bigger! Raise funds for research. For ideas, check out the fundraising toolkit.
- Order the official Together Walk t-shirt to raise awareness everywhere you go! You make a difference.
- Join the Virtual Together Walk and set a team fundraising goal. Form a team of your friends, neighbors, support group members, and family. Or choose to participate on your own, knowing you are part of something bigger! For ideas, check out the fundraising toolkit.
- Pick a location and date to host your local walk. Rolling, strolling, walking, or running is best scheduled during the month of May in celebration of May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. Choose your distance: you may walk around the block, do a 1K walk at the local mall, or even try a longer walk or run around your neighborhood. Do what you can. There is no distance too short. Post a team update on The HUB with the details! Want an example? See Terry McSweeney’s 2016 Virtual Team – Fibromyalgia Pathways.
- Order the official Together Walk t-shirt, and create team signs to raise awareness during your local walk.
- Take a photo of you or your team and share it on social media or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite you to use #TogetherWalks and #IWalkForFibro. Tag us @togetherwalks on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. We invite you to share anyway or anywhere!