DATE: Saturday, May 12, 2018
TIME: 8:00 AM Registration Begins; 10:00 AM Opening Ceremonies
LOCATION: Hickory Creek Forest Preserve
ADDRESS: 10537 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena, IL 60448
JOIN CONVERSATION: https://www.facebook.com/events
Chicagoland Allies Against Pain, in collaboration with the National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association, is delighted to host a Together Walk. Come and meet others! Please invite your family, friends, colleagues, elected officials, and healthcare providers to a health and fun event to raise awareness and research funding for fibromyalgia.
Join us for musical entertainment while medical experts will be on hand providing a short program of educational motivational talks. We’re thrilled to have Mary Biancalana, Dr. Melissa Geraghty , & Dr. Renee Hartz presenting at the Chicago Together Walk.
8:00 AM-10:00 AM:
- Bidding for the silent auction. The winners will be announced during the closing ceremonies.
- Chicago Trigger Point Pain Relief will have medical experts on hand providing a short program of educational and motivational talks. Participants will also find empowering support resources offering self-treatment education.
- Chiro One will be on site providing wellness checks for all who would like to participate.
- Free water & Capri Sun Juice, bananas, apples, granola bars, Nutri-grain bars & Special K breakfast bars will be available for all participants.
- We have over $1100 in raffle and silent auction items up for grabs. Raffle tickets are $1 ea or 13 for $10. Items will be raffled off at any time throughout the walk, so be sure to purchase your tickets early! Each walker will receive a free raffle ticket when they check in.
10:35 AM: Pre-walk stretch & warm up with Mary Biancalana.
12:30 PM: Closing Ceremonies
- Awards given and silent auction winners announced. You MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
THIS EVENT WILL HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE! PLEASE DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
Bring lawn chair. There will be limited picnic table seating for the opening ceremonies. There will be motivational & inspirational speakers that will last approx. 30 min.
The path is paved and wheelchair accessible with a ramp from the parking lot.
Four-legged friends are invited, too! But please bring something to pick up after them.
We’d love to have you participate and can’t wait to walk with you, and enjoy the entertainment and spend the morning with new friends!
A special thanks to the Chicago Center for Myofascial Pain Relief for providing hands-on pain relief trigger point therapy and for the fun and
easy pre and post walk session; “Move and Stretch; Pain Relief for Those With Fibromyalgia and or Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS).”
A special thanks to Chiro One Wellness Centers for offering free medical checks at the Chicago Together Walk!
A special thanks to Mediflow for donating a waterbase pillow to our silent auction.
Want to help out? We love our volunteers! Please go to follow these easy steps to learn more and sign up. Thanks!
1) Click this link to see our online signup: http://signup.com/go/sgteD5
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Interested in advertising, sponsorship, or exhibitor opportunities? Contact the Chicago team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-514-0046.
Click here to learn more about the Chicagoland Allies Against Pain.